It’s not uncommon for electrical issues to plague your air conditioner unit. Since it is essentially an electrically powered home and office appliance, it needs to run on power to produce proper cooling for a given space. There are numerous ways for an aircon to develop electrical issues inside the system, so it is important as an aircon owner to be able to recognize them as soon as they happen. In this article, we will discuss the common electrical problems of AC units for troubleshooting and repair.
Common Electrical Problems in Your Air Conditioning System
- Issues with wiring - Your air conditioner is home to a system of wires that all contribute to a specific function. When a single wire becomes faulty, it could potentially cause electrical problems, altering how your aircon operates as a whole. If any of the aircon’s wires become loose over time with excess wear, it can disrupt power flow throughout the system and prevent efficiency in total performance. On the other hand, faulty wires can also be the cause of electrical short circuit issues due to their reduced ability to handle large electrical volumes over time.
- Faulty capacitors - The capacitor is an essential part of your air conditioner unit. Its main function is to bring, hold and send electrical charges to regulate the entire power system. A bad and faulty capacitor would usually lose their ability to hold an electrical charge, leading to recurring AC problems such as intermittent operation, hard-starting or even total performance issues. If your aircon is suffering from broken capacitors, then you need to schedule an appointment with an AC technician or a professional AC servicing company right away for a total repair or a new replacement.
- Tripped circuit breakers - Is your aircon prone to random shutdowns lately? Then consider getting the system’s circuit breaker checked. This problem is sometimes caused by a tripped circuit breaker, a complication that is often the result of the blower fan’s motor placing too much voltage pressure and demand on the circuit. On the other hand, it could also be because of a short circuit issue that overloads the breaker or an actual problem within the circuit breaker panel itself. Whatever the case may be, it’s always recommended to have this part in your AC regularly checked by an AC expert.
- Fuse problems - Fuse-related issues such as incorrect replacements and dirty parts are also known to trigger electrical complications within the air conditioning unit. If you’ve had yours replaced and are currently experiencing problems, you might want to check whether it has been put in place properly or not. Additionally, fuses also need to be in clean condition all the time, as dirt can obstruct the flow of electricity inside the unit, leading to more performance issues down the line.
- Terrible connections - If you’re having your aircon unit repaired, it’s best to ask the technician or the AC expert to check and tighten the electrical connection in the unit and make sure there’s no presence of any corrosion. Doing this can help you prevent any further electrical issues that may affect your air conditioning unit.
Avoid AC Electrical Problems in Your Unit
You can avoid common AC electrical problems in your unit by being one step ahead of the issues that usually cause performance issues. With regular checkup and maintenance, you can make sure that your air conditioner gets the right amount of care and attention that it deserves to continue performing at its best shape. Since electrical parts in an AC unit require expertise, leaving the matter in the hands of the HVAC system experts is very much recommended. For quality maintenance and repairs for every major AC brand in Singapore, contact us at Oasis Aircon Singapore.