In a country like Singapore, air conditioners provide residents and office workers a great way to stay cool and comfortable throughout the day. One of the most popular types of these aircon units in the country is the split air conditioner. Consisting of an outdoor and indoor unit, this AC type offers many advantages over traditional aircon machines: quiet performance, powerful cooling and an efficient cooling capacity for the home and the office.
Looking to buy a new split air conditioner for your home or workspace? We’ve got you covered. In this roundup, we’ve included the 7 best split air conditioner brands in Singapore that you can consider before making the big purchase.
Choosing the Best AC Manufacturer: Brands To Consider
- Mitsubishi Aircon - Mitsubishi Starmex units have long been best-sellers in Singapore for years. Coming from a leading brand of electronics and technology, these units are energy-efficient, technologically advanced and capable of withstanding multiple years of constant usage. In a country like Singapore, known for its warm and humid weather, Mitsubishi aircons are often lauded for their powerful cooling capacity that come endorsed with 5 ticks of energy efficiency. The brand’s units are also highly durable, quiet and easy to clean and maintain. Recommended Models: Mitsubishi Starmex System 4, Mitsubishi Electric StarMex System 3, Mitsubishi Starmex System 2.
- Daikin Aircon - If you’ve been doing some searching for the best aircon brand in Singapore, then there’s a good chance that you’ve encountered seeing or hearing Daikin. Considered as the number one aircon brand in the world, Daikin offers quality and efficient air conditioners that are equipped with the latest technologies in the AC industry. It has a wide range of product ranges, most notably the SMILE Series, Super Multi NX, Super Multi HW and Ezi Series. Recommended Models: Daikin Multi Split Series Aircon System 4 and Daikin Inverter System 3 Aircon.
- EuropAce Aircon - While it’s considered as a newcomer in the aircon market, EuropAce has slowly been making a name for its quality aircon units that boast both excellence performance and an affordable price tag. The brand’s aircon units also come equipped with features such as air purification and dehumidification. Recommended Models: EuropAce 22000 BTU System 3 Aircon, EuropAce 8000 BTU Casement Aircon and EuropAce 10000 Btu 4-in-1 Portable Aircon.
- Midea Aircon - Although originally founded in 1968, Midea is still considered as a new entrant to the Singaporean market. While it has received mixed reviews from customers and aircon experts, what makes the brand stand out from other leading aircon manufacturers are its collection of value-for-money aircon units. Midea is generally cheaper than aircon units from brands such as Daikin and Mitsubishi. Recommended Models: Midea Inverter Aircon and Midea Window Air Conditioner.
- Panasonic Aircon - Panasonic has long been making a name for itself as a giant in the consumer and home appliance segment. When it comes to air conditioners, Panasonic has a long list of top-sellers from every aircon type. What makes their units stand out from the rest is their ability to make your room cooler and better. They use Nanoe-G technology that removes dust and purifies the air. This allows the units to constantly keep the room clean and fresh, improving overall AC experience for the occupants. Recommended Model: Panasonic Multi Split Series Aircon System 3.
- LG Aircon - LG is known for providing users with innovative and high-quality home appliances that all aim to make one’s life good. When it comes to split inverter aircons, LG’s units are recognizable and popular, especially their Health+ series. This sleek-looking series can filter, deodorize, eliminate, ionize and clean itself, leaving you with a healthy and cleaner room every time. Recommended Model: LG Multi-Split Health+ Series.
- Fujitsu Aircon - Fujitsu is another recognizable brand for aircon units in Singapore. Considered as one of the pioneers of the modern aircon, the brand offers innovation and improvements with every unit that it releases in the market. When it comes to split aircons, the brand’s range of ASYG aircons are slim, sleek and powerful. This series is packed with a lot of features, including a low-noise mode and an eco-friendly saver mode to make the entire AC experience efficient. Recommended Model: Fujitsu ASYG Aircons.